Its finally happened, we’ve got proper kerbside recycling bins!
It’s taken a long time (7.5 years since we first asked), but finally we’ve got proper recycling facilities without having to cart big bags of recycling down to The Square, the supermarket or household waste recycling centre. Hopefully we’ll now see the recycling figures for Bolsover rise and a lot less paper blowing around the village on collection days.
Continue reading “Burgundy Bins at Last!” »
The first Parish Council meeting for the newly elected Whitwell Parish Council has now taken place. A number of issues were covered, along with the business of filling various committee posts on the council. Updates from the District and County councillors were also provided.
- As noted in our post about the Chair/Vice Chair the positions have been filled by Cllr. Stuart Maiden and Cllr. Sandy Frow.
Continue reading “Whitwell Parish Council Meeting – 18th May 2011” »
The results of the 2011 Bolsover District Council elections on 5th May 2011 were announced on Friday 6th May 2011 and were as follows:
- 453 votes – Duncan Alistair Kerr (Green Party)
- 452 votes – George Owen Webster (Whitwell Residents Association)
- 383 votes – Thomas Ian Munro (Labour Party)
- 378 votes – Sandra Valerie Frow (Independent)
- 342 votes – Jeanne Marjorie Raspin (Labour Party)
- 326 votes – Vivienne Patricia Mills (Whitwell Residents Association)
- 19 Spoilt Ballots
The outcome means that George Webster retains his seat on the District Council for Whitwell Parish and Vivienne Mills loses her place on the District Council.
All results come in to effect Monday 9th May.